Monday, February 25, 2008

Downtown Phoenix: Arizona Ghost Town or a Work in Progress?


Skyscrapers are scarce in downtown Phoenix because air-conditioning
can be cost-prohibitive.

A few weeks ago I had some time on my hands, so I went on a jaunt into the heart of Phoenix to take some photos of city architecture.


Buildings under construction in Phoenix

I remember being almost deafened by the silence of the city center, which appeared to be completely abandoned that Sunday afternoon. Except for a few tourists and pigeons, there wasn't a soul to be seen. I'm sure the situation is entirely different on a weekday, but still, the lack of activity seemed unnatural and a little bit eerie.



St. Mary's Basilica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,

As I've said before you're very talented and I love looking at your work.

Hopefully I can get out there someday to see this stuff in person.

Your friend back in cold Alpena,
-Patty

Arizonan said...

Thanks, Patty! (Or should I say Anonymous :) )

Wish I could send a little bit of fair weather your way. The weather's been absolutely beautiful here the last few days - low 80s and not a cloud in the sky.